Case study: Managing compliance to CQC standards
Find out how East Cheshire NHS Trust is ensuring health and safety and statutory compliance to Care Quality Commission and associated Premises Assurance Model requirements through the use of C365Cloud Online
The estates team at East Cheshire NHS Trust have the challenge of managing more than 60 areas of health and safety and statutory compliance to the rigorous requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and associated Premises Assurance Model (PAM). The trust recognised that to achieve this efficiently while driving best practise, excellence, and their numerous disparate systems would need to be replaced with one, overarching compliance management system. Such a system would need to integrate with the existing help desk, support the internal estates team and performance manage numerous third-party suppliers.
East Cheshire NHS Trust selected to partner with C365Cloud. Its modular design ensured the system was configured to the exacting requirements of the estates team. It was configured by compliance type, building, assets and staff requirement offering:
- Live and dynamic dashboards showing aggregated and individual compliance levels against all statutory inspections and PPM schedules. Actions categorised by type, risk assigned and by user
- Itegration with the legacy trust helpdesk, providing an automated process to raise remedial tasks to the appropriate engineer, operative or third-arty supplier
- Centralised repository for all historic compliance information, reports, HTMs, HBNs, policy and procedure documents, management reports, site plans PDF, DXF, training records and equipment calibration certificates
- Alerts to competent responsible person as assigned, with notification of active actions by compliance area, by risk with additional escalation notification over time
- Executive report related to CQC outcomes; scheduled and delivered monthly to inform the board report
- Generation of asset register with barcode identification
- Mobile Forms developed and deployed for completion of all in-house PPM inspections on tablet, data synchronised directly with C365Cloud dynamically populating compliance dashboards
- Engagement with suppliers to digitise service records allowing live upload and action visibility
C365Cloud provides East Cheshire NHS Trust with visibility and reassurance in its position with regards to compliance with the requirements of CQC.
C365Cloud allows the East Cheshire NHS Estates Team to prioritise its workload in accordance with risk and manage compliance by exception. It has streamlined the process for completion of PPM, capturing critical information and giving visibility to all interested parties. The estates team is able to report accurately and make informed decisions around procurement offering financial benefits to the trust.
We recently audited C365Cloud against the requirements of CQC. We found the live C365 compliance dashboards drove continuous compliance improvement, allowing the estates team to pro-actively manage their PPM inspections and subsequent actions to a timely completion based on risk level. All backed up by evidence and an audit trail.
Robert Few, head of estates operations at the trust, said: "With the ever-growing CQC focus on legal compliance we recognised our estates team needed a system to support us.
After reviewing the market, we selected C365 as a platform to manage our key compliance areas across the hospital estate. C365Cloud now manages re-active and PPM compliance with work carried out on mobile iPad’s using our best practise forms, converted by C365.
"Unlike other systems we reviewed, it is very simple for my team to use and has been configured in-line with our existing policies and procedures. We would recommend working in partnership with C365Cloud to any NHS trust."